Easy Hot Wings that come out of the oven crispy without the hassle of deep frying.
Make and share this Hooters Buffalo Wings Oven Style recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, cayenne, garlic and salt in a large zip-lock bag (or a bowl).
- Coat wings in flour mixture and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in refrigerator to cool and firm up the coating for an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix melted butter and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Gently coat wings in sauce mixture and place back on cookie sheet in single uncrowded layer.
- Bake for 45 min turning half way.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing to dip.
Really yummy! I love wings but rarely want to go to the work of deep frying them. This was a nice alternative, and saved a few calories. I cooked them on a rack placed over a baking sheet, so that any grease would not stick to the wings. They were very easy to make, and I'll definitely do so again!
These wings were fabulous !!!! Next time I will try them on a cookie rack, otherwise I wouldn't change a thing !!!
I hate to give any recipe a poor rating but this recipe just doesn't work. First of all, I think the cookie sheets needs to be greased, my wings stuck terrible. Then the coating and baking with the sauce turned out to be an uncrispy mess. Even baked an additional 20 mintues at 425F. I too agree with another reviewer that all the heat from the sauce was gone till we ate them.