Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very simply recipe that requires very little effort. I found it in Better Homes and Gardens.
- 8 chicken drumsticks or 8 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds total)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- Arrange chicken pieces in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan making sure pieces do not touch.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine green onion, honey, garlic powder, and ground red pepper.
- Brush chicken pieces with honey mixture.
- Return to oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink.
- Makes 4 servings.
Simple and Delicious! I actually used 5 boneless chicken breasts and doubled the sauce. I also used cut onion rings on top as garnish during the last 25 minutes of baking. Thanks for a great dinner Bev!
Nice easy recipe with a great taste. I made it using both 8 legs and 8 thighs for 6 so I had to adjust the rest and it came out fabulous. Everyone loved it and asked when I was going make this again because they wanted to be invited. So I guess this will go in my Fav binder. :-)
Made this for Bev's Cook-A-Thon. My DH came into the kitchen and said, "Well, something smells delicious"........and it was. I doubled the sauce. Unfortunately, I forgot to lower the oven temp (I have a convection oven which cooks at a lower temp than regular ovens). The sauce in the pan burnt a bit. But the chicken was absolutely delicious and very moist. Thanks Bev. Will definately make this again.......at a lower temp.