Orange Pecan Honeyed Chicken
- Ready In:
- 3 whole incl skin and bones chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice, with pulp (fresh or not from concentrate)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooked rice (any type)
- 3 tablespoons white wine (or broth)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 sectioned oranges
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large skillet brown both sides of chicken (skin side down first) in the butter.
- Add orange juice, honey, onion, pepper, and salt.
- Cover pan allowing steam to vent and simmer for 30 minutes (or just untill chicken is tender).
- Remove chicken from pan and arrange over rice. Keep warm. Return pan to range top.
- Stir wine into flour until well blended. Add to reserved pan drippings stirring constantly untill flour has a chance to cook.
- Add orange peel and sections and pecans and heat thoroughly.
- Serve immediately over chicken and rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in Detroit, Michigan and moved to Miami, Florida in 1976. I moved to Franklin, NC at the beginning of 2005 and back to Detroit 12 years later. My "fun" interests include reading (science fiction mostly), movies and television (again, I love sci fi), cooking (and eating it, but need to go on a diet (LOL), collecting 60's music, and watching my children grow. My all time favorite cookbook is the Betty Crocker Home cookbook. I have a great Hungarian cookbook that has all the recipes that I remember from my childhood being prepared by my Grandparents and my Mother.