Recipe by stephstew
This cornbread is moist and pairs great with soups and stews. It also freezes well!
Top Review by Susie D
Very different than traditional cornbread, but sometimes different is good! I thought they were more reminiscent of a bran muffin than cornbread. The texture is dense, grainy, and would pair well with soups and stews as suggested. I added 1 T of flax seeds and enjoyed the addition. We felt the muffins needed additional sweetness or even honey butter when eaten alone. They popped right out of the pan which is always appreciated. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Made during Pick a Chef Spring 2013 http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=388806
- 177.44 ml cornmeal
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml nonfat plain yogurt
- 177.44 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 29.58 ml honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Place in oven.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, eggs, applesauce, and honey.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully spoon batter into cups. (I fill them about 3/4 full).
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.