Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This makes a great gift- ladle it into Kerr jars, stick a sticker and a few ribbons, and this creamy dip or spread is an instant hit! I love to eat this on toast, cornbread muffins, dip apples in it, crackers, - ***or baste it on chicken or turkey! *** Simply amazing... makes about six 8 oz. jars
- 1064.65 ml pumpkin puree
- 295.73 ml honey
- 29.58 ml fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 9.85 ml grated lemon zest
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan (covered or uncovered) and let simmer 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and immediately ladle into clean, sterilized 8 oz. canning jars.
- Immediately place filled jars into refrigerator to seal jars.
- Enjoy! (Keep refrigerated-- once opened, it will last up to a month).
I grew lots of pumpkins in my garden this year, and tried this recipe. I LOVE it! I love the honey flavor, which is nicely balanced with the pumpkin and spices! I'll be making this recipe again!