Recipe by Pinay0618
The flaky phyllo crust, nuts, and honey will remind your tastebuds of baklava. Mascarpone, an extra-rich Italian cream cheese, makes the texture sublimely creamy. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 118.29 ml ground walnuts, hazelnuts or 118.29 ml pecans
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 12 sheet frozen phyllo dough, thawed (14x9-inch rectangles)
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 226.79 g container mascarpone cheese, softened
- 158.51 ml honey
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 9.85 ml finely shredded lemon peel
- raspberries (optional)
- rosemary sprig (optional)
- light corn syrup (optional)
- sanding sugar (optional) or granulated sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine ground nuts and sugar; set aside.
- Unfold phyllo dough; remove one sheet. (While you work, keep the remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Brush dough with some of the melted butter. Place another sheet of phyllo on top of the first, rotating it slightly to stagger the corners. Brush with a little more of the melted butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and butter.
- Ease the phyllo stack into the prepared pan, pleating it as necessary and being careful not to tear the phyllo. Sprinkle nut mixture over phyllo in pan.
- For filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, honey, and flour. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in milk. Using a wooden spoon, stir in eggs and lemon peel.
- Pour filling into phyllo crust. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until about a 2-inch border around the edge appears set when gently shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Using a small sharp knife, loosen from side of pan. Remove side of pan. Cool for 1 hour more. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- If desired, brush raspberries and rosemary sprig with light-colored corn syrup and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Arrange raspberries and rosemary on top of the cheesecake.