Honey Mustard Soup With Chicken
- Either use left over chicken and canned broth or poach chicken in 1 pint of water and use cooking liquid as the broth-- If using the cooking water as broth, flavour by adding chopped celery and carrots for a better tasting broth.
- Put the broth and mustard in a sauce pan and simmer until the honey is blended with the broth.
- Add some freshly cracked white pepper and a bit of nutmeg or cinnamon. Add the frozen peas to the pan and then remove from heat. Mix the cream and cornstarch well and add to the pan.
- Add in the cooked cubed chicken and then put the pan back on low heat; stir until thickened slightly.
- Try with cinnamon raisin bagel bites or croutons.
- Keep the heat gentle as you do not want to curdle the cream. Everything is cooked already, so nothing needs to be boiled.