1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
I saw Giada from Food Network make this and it looked so delicious I had to try it, and it was FANTASTIC! The directions on the FN site do not say to lay the twine in the pan FIRST, THEN add the roast, then the bacon. But this is how she did it on the show and it looks much easier to tie it up that way. I also double the garlic as we love garlic. I hope you try this for any special occasion. Time does not include resting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Special equipment: kitchen twine.
- 2Put an oven rack in the lower 1/3 of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3In a small bowl, add the Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, honey, garlic, and rosemary and mix together until smooth.
- 4Arrange the pork in a 9 by 13-inch baking pan and spread the mustard mixture evenly over the pork.
- 5Starting on 1 side, lay a piece of bacon, lengthwise, on the pork. Lay another slice of bacon on the pork making sure to slightly overlap the first piece. Continue with the remaining bacon, until the pork is fully covered in bacon.
- 6Using 3 pieces of kitchen twine, secure the bacon in place.
- 7Roast for 1 hour. Cover the pan, loosely, with foil and roast for another 10 to 20 minutes until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork registers 160 degrees F.
- 8Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the roast to a cutting board. Cover the pan with foil and allow the pork to rest for 20 minutes.
- 9Remove the kitchen twine and slice the pork into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Mustard Pork Roast With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.8
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 245.3 mg
- Sodium 704.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 81.7 g