1/4 Photos of Honey Mustard Chicken With Kumara Carrot Mash
The Flying Chef's Note:
This can be served as a main meal like I served it or as a light meal if you only use 2 skewers per person instead of 4. It is very simple to do and is quick to make apart from the long refrigeration time, but it only takes about 5 Min's to throw it all into a bowl then in the fridge for a few hours so it is not pain staking. It tastes wonderful and I got compliments from all, it goes really well with the mash and you can make as little or as much as you want. I served this for just 2 as a main meal but the same ingredients would serve 4 as a light meal or lunch or if you want to serve for 4 as a main just up the chicken to make more skewers and do more mash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Prep Time Does Not Include Marinating Time
- 16 chicken tenders (mine were small and I put 2 to a skewer.)
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 kumara (sweet potato)
- 2 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1Place all the marinade ingredients in a bowl or storage container mix chicken in and toss to completely coat chicken, refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 2Soak 8 skewers for about an hour to prevent burning, thread chicken onto skewers, 2 tenders to each skewer, cook chicken in a pan or grill or BBQ until browned on both sides and cooked through, basting from time to time with reserved marinade.
- 3Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave kumara, carrot and garlic, until tender, drain, in a medium bowl add cream, butter and the veg, mash until smooth, stir in thyme.
- 4Add any remaining marinade, left over after basting the chicken with the extra sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to boil.
- 5To Serve: Place mash on plates top with skewers drizzle with sauce and serve the remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Mustard Chicken With Kumara Carrot Mash
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 1369.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 54.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
white wine vinegar