Prep 2 hrs 12 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the blog of Everyday Home Cook. It takes 2 hours of marinate time.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 -12 slices bacon, partially cooked
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Make marinade by mixing together mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Add chicken breasts and refrigerate for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat a small amount of oil (canola or vegetable) in a skillet and add chicken breasts, discarding marinade. Cook chicken a few minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Scrape out most of the juices from the pan, and add mushrooms. Saute mushrooms until tender (a few minutes).
- Assemble chicken in a large baking dish: chicken, then bacon, then mushrooms, then cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
This was very good and very quick to make. Made using b/s chicken thighs and the rest of the ingredients as listed. The honey mustard flavor was not very prominent, but it helped the chicken stay juicy when cooking. Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #65.
This was really delicious and simple to do. We enjoyed it.