Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is out of my old magazine cookbook dated in the 80's called Hot & Spicy...it say that the three pantry ingredients come together for a zesty glaze that makes the backed chicken a guaranteed winner..
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (breasts, thighs and drumsticks)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Skin chicken, if desired.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased shallow baking pan.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together mustard, soy sauce, and honey in a small bowl.
- Turn chicken pieces over and brush mixture generously over chicken pieces.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes more or till chicken is tender and no longer pink, Turning pieces and brushing frequently with mustard mixture.
I used what I had handy....chicken tenders. So I reduced the cooking time a bit so they didn't dry out. The sauce was perfect. And this is so easy to make that I know I will make it often, especially on a work day! Made for FYC tag game on Yuku. Thanks for sharing!
Made for PRMR! I loved this. My kids thought it was too much mustard but what do they know? I will make next time with a tad less mustard and a tad more honey to suit their taste... But in my book these were great.