Maple-Mustard Baked Chicken
Baked chicken is our favorite; this will work well when we have company since not everyone prefers dark meat as we do...Marinating not included in prep time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 1⁄2 lbs bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed (thighs, drumsticks and or or breasts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Whisk mustard, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon oil, thyme, pepper and salt in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and turn to coat evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Set a wire rack on a large baking sheet.
- Combine breadcrumbs and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil on a plate. Dredge the skinned side of each chicken piece in the breadcrumbs (with drumsticks, dredge the meatier side) and arrange breaded-side up on the wire rack. Leave at least 1 inch between pieces.
- Bake until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 165°F, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or let cool, refrigerate and serve chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION