Chili-Rubbed Chicken With Horseradish
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels and cut slits in skin of breast and drumsticks.
- Stir together horseradish and maple syrup.
- Stuff horseradish mixture in slits and rub into meat so mixture is spread evenly under the skin.
- Brush chicken with oil.
- Combine chili powder and salt; rub over the chicken.
- Tie the legs together and twist the wing tips under the back.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered, in a 375°F oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or till the drumsticks move freely and the juices run clear.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>