Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I developed myself. The first stir fry that 2 out of 3 of my kids will eat! I took the basic marinade from Spicy Shrimp (Prawn) Skewers and made up my own stir fry. The vegetables are what I had on hand, so feel free to adjust the veggies to what you like to use. Time includes only 1 hour of marinading.
- 78.07 ml lime juice
- 78.07 ml honey
- 9.85 ml light soy sauce
- 29.58 ml cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 453.59 g raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 226.79 g sugar snap pea, ends trimmed and cut in half if large
- 473.18 ml shredded cabbage
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges and layers separated
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 473.18 ml cooked brown rice
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the shrimp in a sealable container and pour half the marinade over them.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight.
- Take the reserved marinade and pour into a wok, heated on high.
- Add vegetables to wok and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Push the vegetables to the side and add the shrimp (after draining out the marinade).
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes or so.
- Mix the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water and add to the wok to thicken the sauce.
- Cook for about 1 minute.
- Serve over cooked brown rice. Yum!
This makes a tasty stir-fry sauce-just the right amount of heat & sweet, IMO. Subbed bean sprouts for cabbage, snow peas for sugar peas & green onions for the red onion. Colorful, crunchy, delish. It's a keeper!
This is a great and simple recipe. I ended up with lemon lime honey shrimp. I didn't realize I didn't have enough lime juice till it was too late. The flavor was great and this was so easy. I loved the cajun seasoning, nice slightly different taste.
My dh loved this simple stir-fry. I didn't have any Cajun seasoning so used Old Bay and a lot of garlic pepper! I thought the vegetables were a good combination but also thought that this is a great "clean out the veggie drawer" type of meal with or without the shrimp - maybe some leftover chicken added for a change -- open to so many possibilities. Thanks for sharing!