Recipe by Bev
Here's a simply delicous dessert from Gormet. Serve with sliced strawberries coated with a sprinkling of sugar. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 6 graham crackers (4 3/4- by 2 1/2-inch)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mild honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Crumble graham crackers into a food processor, then finely grind with sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add butter with motor running, then press mixture evenly over bottom of an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in middle of oven 10 minutes, then cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend cream cheese, egg, milk, zest, and lemon juice in cleaned food processor.
- Add honey and blend filling well.
- Pour filling over crust and bake in middle of oven until slightly puffed and set, about 30 minutes.
- Cool cheesecake in pan, then chill, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours.
- Cut into 1 1/2" squares.