Honey & Nut Cheerios Squares
This is a very simple, yet very tasty, snack bar recipe. I like to use half regular variety Cheerios and half Multigrain Cheerios, but you can use any variety you like. You might also try mixing in some dried fruit or chocolate chips, but I prefer them as is. Especially if you use Multigrain Cheerios, this is a healthier bar than Rice Crispy treats. My whole family likes them, and they are great to make with kids. (Obviously, supervision is needed for the stove with younger children, but an older child can make these themselves.) Prep time includes cooling time.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 5 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Measure honey and sugar into a large saucepan.
- Heat just to boiling.
- Add peanut butter and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in Cheerios, mixing thoroughly to coat evenly.
- Fold into a buttered 13x9 pan.
- Allow to cool one minute.
- With slightly wet hands, gently press mixture down so that bars will be compact and hold their shape.
- Allow to cool thoroughly, about 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares.