Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This cake is light, moist and delicious!
- 1 1⁄3 cups liquid honey
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- Put honey in a small saucepan and bring just to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in coffee and orange rind.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and salt.
- Take 2 tbsp.
- of this mixture and toss with the nuts.
- Set aside.
- In electric mixer with a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon coloured.
- Beat in the oil.
- Add sugar gradually and beat until pale and thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove bowl from mixer.
- Using a whisk, alternately fold dry mixture and liquid mixture into eggs, making three additions of dry and two of liquid.
- (Start with dry mixture and end with dry mixture.) Do not overwhisk.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured ten inch bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated 325F.
- oven for 60-65 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed, and a cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
excellent..made just way recipe called for..everyone loved it..Thanks