Recipe by marileamills
This recipe is from an old Betty Crocker cookbook that was a wedding gift. It has never failed to please.
Top Review by moe13a
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! This was perfection and so easy to make. It took a little more effort to smooth the second layer on but that is what a spoon is for. It tastes so good that I ate some everyday for dessert. You'll probably have a little brown sugar mixture left over after sprinkling it on so you may want to just add the extra to make it a little sweeter or just hold off. I read that a few people complained about the color and thickness of the glaze but the gaze had vanilla so it's not pure white and also it is glaze NOT frosting or icing.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cake mix, oil, eggs, and sour cream to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In a smaller bowl, add the brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon; stir to mix.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over the batter.
- Spread the remaining batter over the pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, stir the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until it is thin enough to spread.
- Take a toothpick and prick the surface of the warm cake several times.
- Spread the sugar glaze over the cake.
- Let cool for 1 hour.