- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pecans or 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease 9x13-inch cake pan, and lightly flour.
- Make cake mix with oil, eggs and sour cream.
- Spread half of batter in pan. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans and sprinkle over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes. While still warm (not hot), poke top of cake with a wooden skewer. Drizzle glaze over cake. Cool completely, about an hour.