Sour Cream Honey Bun Cake
photo by bdorsey_124
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all the cake ingredients and set aside.
- Thoroughly combine the filling ingredients.
- Pour half of the cake mix batter into baking pan and top with the filling ingredients. Pour the rest of the cake batter on top.
- (I like to split it further and do batter, filling, batter, filling and then batter. If I really want something sweet I drizzle a little honey on top before baking.).
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 38-40 minutes in a 13x9" greased baking pan or Bundt cake pan. Meanwhile prepare the sugar glaze.
- Cool cake on wire rack. Make sure you have something under the rack to catch the glaze though.
- While still warm, poke holes in the cake and pour the glaze over it.
I think it's from the Cake Mix Doctor. This is my all time favorite cake. Have made it in a 13x9 pan and in a bundt pan and much prefer the bundt- turns out moist and dense. I like to make extra filling and put some in the bottom of the pan then half the cake batter, more filling then the remainder of the cake batter followed by more filling. So delicious- everyone I make it for asks for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<a href="http://bp-grafix.net/sitebuilder"target=new><img src="http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i185/glittergus/icons/i.gif" border=0></a> I am a proud mother of three healthy boys aged 15,11 and 5. I'm originally from the tiny island of Bermuda and have been living in Edinburgh since July 2005. I've been collecting recipes since I was about 14 or 15 and been cooking and baking since then as well. I love all kinds of crafts also. In my spare time if I'm not in the kitchen; I crochet, make jewelry, bead, knit, sew, cross stitch, do plastic canvas and quilt. I have a short attention span, so I have plenty of different craft choices when I get bored of doing something. Oh, and I also like to read, listen to music, fiddle with any electronic gadget, collect dvd's and watch them, and I'm an internetaholic! :-) I keep a craft blog at http://hobbyzu.blogspot.com and I sell my crocheted items and patterns at http://hobbyzu.com. I keep pretty busy and being self employed gives me more time to explore cooking! :-) I'm mostly interested in cook books featuring regular old home cooking and favorites. When I moved to the UK I had to get rid of my cookbook collection. I did keep all my Bermudian cookbooks, charity cookbooks and 'The Foods of Israel Today' and Better Homes and Gardens 'Hometown Favorites'. <a href="http://bp-grafix.net/sitebuilder"target=new><img src="http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i185/glittergus/icons/g5.gif" border=0></a> I am most passionate when it comes to my family and caring for them. Getting to feed them is an added bonus! Lucky for me, my boys are steadily growing pigs with bottomless pits for stomachs! lol :-) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">