Chocolate Honey Bun Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 (19 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped (reserve 1/3)
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of a 9 x 13 pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and sour cream in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase to medium speed for 1 minute. Spread half of the batter in pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, 1/3 cup of the pecans, chocolate chips and cinnamon; sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls evenly over pecan mixture; carefully spread to cover.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until top quickly springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Spread frosting evenly over warm cake (frosting will be very thin.) sprinkle the remaining nuts on top for garnish.
- Cool completely about 2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!