Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my own recipe. I love the way they get so gooey and sticky...goes really well with some homemade mac and cheese, some bbq baked beans, and a biscuit.....mmmmm....yum!
- 18 chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- cooking spray
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, preferably Hickory Smoke Flavor
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash, dry, and season the wings with the salt, garlic, pepper, cayenne, sugar, and paprika. Preheat the oven to 375.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a generous spray of cooking spray.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the cookie sheet, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of the wings, turning once.
- While they are baking, make the sauce by slowly simmering the sauce ingredients over the lowest heat.
- When the wings are done baking, carefully dip them in the sauce, and place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
- ENJOY!And remember to save some for everyone else!
AAAAAWWWWWEEEEESOOOOOMMMME!!! I made a big ol' family pack of wings, using this recipe. Let's just say these wings had no chance. LOL We usually have about 6 wings left when I regular bake them or fry them but these had everyone wanting more! This is definitely a winner and will be made again soon and often. Didn't have any paprika, substituted with chili powder. Again, sooooooooooooo delicious!
this is the best honey barbecue recipe ever!!!!
I LOVE THEM!!! I just made them exactly how you suggested and every one ate them up even the kids asked for more. I will be making again.