Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my own recipe. I love the way they get so gooey and sticky...goes really well with some homemade mac and cheese, some bbq baked beans, and a biscuit.....mmmmm....yum!
- 18 chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- cooking spray
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, preferably Hickory Smoke Flavor
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash, dry, and season the wings with the salt, garlic, pepper, cayenne, sugar, and paprika. Preheat the oven to 375.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a generous spray of cooking spray.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the cookie sheet, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of the wings, turning once.
- While they are baking, make the sauce by slowly simmering the sauce ingredients over the lowest heat.
- When the wings are done baking, carefully dip them in the sauce, and place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
- ENJOY!And remember to save some for everyone else!
AAAAAWWWWWEEEEESOOOOOMMMME!!! I made a big ol' family pack of wings, using this recipe. Let's just say these wings had no chance. LOL We usually have about 6 wings left when I regular bake them or fry them but these had everyone wanting more! This is definitely a winner and will be made again soon and often. Didn't have any paprika, substituted with chili powder. Again, sooooooooooooo delicious!
this is the best honey barbecue recipe ever!!!!
Easy recipe for a quick but tasty middle of the week meal. Especially since I had the ingredients in the pantry and fridge.