Kentucky Fried Chicken Honey BBQ Chicken Strips
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
15-20 chicken strips
- 2 lbs chicken strips
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Place buttermilk in a seperate bowl.
- Heat oil for frying.
- Dip chicken into flour, then buttermilk, then flour again.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Mix thouroughly and simmer on low heat, stirring frequently for about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Dip chicken strips into sauce one at a time and place on a baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My son is crazy about KFC, loves their Honey BBQ Chicken Strips. So I thought I'd give these a shot. He loves them like this. I'd prefer to put a bit of garlic salt in the flour mix, and serve the barbecue sauce on the side. I like the crispiness. Overall, this was a success at my house. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My name is Robin Johnson. I am 27 years old. I am married to the love of my life, Michael. We have been together 11 years now; 6 married! We have two beautiful children, Baileigh (4 years) and Hayden (2 1/2 years). I am currently a stay at home mom; the hardest, best job in the whole wide world! I love it! My family is my life. I love them more than anything in this world!!!</p> 11192367"