Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just make this with vegetables as my hubby and I are trying not to eat to many carbs in the evening, at the moment, so I have limited starchy carbs to only 1-2 days a week. I do usually make this with noodles thrown in, so feel free to add them if you want, if you do, I would lower amounts of meat and vegetables or it will be too much for 4.
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 60 ml oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 800 g lamb fillets, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 red chilies, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 250 g broccoli florets, chopped (8 large)
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, finely chopped
- Combine five-spice, sauce, honey, vinegar and garlic in a bowl.
- Combine lamb with 1-11/2 tablespoons of the five-spice mixture in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok; stir-fry lamb in batches, until browned. Remove and set to one side.
- Add onion, ginger and chili and stir-fry until onion softens, return lamb with remaining five-spice mixture.
- Add broccoli stir-fry 3 Min's, add snow peas and sprouts and stir-fry until veg are just tender. Stir in coriander.
- Note: Cooking time will be longer if not using a wok.
Very good stir-fry, used a packet of frozen veges instead of what was listed as its much easier. Loved the honey and ginger taste of this stir-fry. Perfect for my sweet tooth.
Just like the chinese shop