- 1 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup anthotiro or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grams honey
- 9 ounces filo pastry, crust
- honey, for dressing
- grated nuts, for dressing
- butter, for basting the filo pastry leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix feta, anthotiro, honey, egg yolk and cinnamon until a thick pulp is created.
- Cut the filo crust in stripes of 12 cm wide each.
- Baste with melted butter and place on the bottom of each stripe a portion of the mixture.
- Then roll each stripe like rolling a cigar. Baste the surface of each roll with melted butter and bake in preheated oven in 160 - 170 C until golden.
- Garnish with honey and grated nuts.