Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious Greek Dessert that is sure to impress. Simple to make and so different!
- 1 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup anthotiro or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grams honey
- 9 ounces filo pastry, crust
- honey, for dressing
- grated nuts, for dressing
- butter, for basting the filo pastry leaves
- Mix feta, anthotiro, honey, egg yolk and cinnamon until a thick pulp is created.
- Cut the filo crust in stripes of 12 cm wide each.
- Baste with melted butter and place on the bottom of each stripe a portion of the mixture.
- Then roll each stripe like rolling a cigar. Baste the surface of each roll with melted butter and bake in preheated oven in 160 - 170 C until golden.
- Garnish with honey and grated nuts.
Sinfully good - creamy, sweet, crunch, nutty - it's all happening here. Thanks for a great recipe.
Thank you I made this desert for a milk meal on the festival of Rosh hashana (the Jewish new year) was a huge success. I used ricotta and something called Toborg which i discovered,which is a bland crumbly white cheese (similar to what is called cna'an in Israel) I put about 1 large tablespoon of filling at the bottom part of strip and after first roll I presed the sides down with my thumb to stick the sides down, then it is easy to roll. Another thing- the filling was enough for exactry double (got 12 rolls) Thank you very much1 delicious
This was wonderful! Definitely worth the effort. It does take a bit of organization before hand. Will be making these for special occasions again and again and again!!! Thanks for the inspiration!