Recipe by angelfan
Quick breakfast dish, with that something extra. I sometimes omit the green pepper or for holidays use both red and green bell peppers.You may use more or less cheese as you prefer.
Top Review by seal angel
Had a half of can of white hominy to use up. I put some shredded potatoes on the bottom of the plate and topped it with this. I added some shredded cheese, avocado, and salsa. Scooped up with a tortilla. I would make this again.
- 1 (14 ounce) can yellow hominy
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in skillet.
- Set bacon aside. Reserve two TBS bacon drippings, turn heat down,.
- Drain hominy, add to skillet along with the green pepper. Allow to cook until pepper is tender, about 5 minutes on med heat.
- Beat eggs and pour over hominy mixture in skillet. Stir until eggs are just set. Crumble bacon and add to mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.