Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Margaret Anne's yeast rolls from family collection.
Make and share this Homemade Yeast Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups milk, lukewarm
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (soft)
- 7 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- Mix together first 3 ingredients. Crumble into mixture 2 packages or 2 cakes yeast. Stir until yeast is dissolved.
- Stir in beaten eggs, shortening & sifted flour. Turn mixture onto floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl, cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk.
- Knead again and let rise again until double in bulk. Shape into rolls and let rise until almost double in bulk.
- Bake at 425 degrees until golden brown. Watch temperature, as may be too hot in some ovens.
This is simply a good outline of the right way to do it, much the same as I would do from practice and instinct. I made a 9x13 pan of rolls, and baked the remainder of the dough in cupcake-sized muffin cups. Both came out beautiful and flavorful. Made for PAC.