Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This yummy meal is great for cold days or just days when you want a comfort food! This recipe comes from my Mammaw....I love you Mammaw!
- Start by boiling potatoes until fork tender.
- When potatoes are done, strain out the water and add butter.
- When butter is melted, add flour. Stir gently to make a paste between butter and flour. The paste will coat the potatoes.
- Add Milk.
- Gently stir. Allow the pot to boil. When it reaches boil, turn down to simmer.
- Simmer on low till soup thickens.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Anazing!! But i added some tony's, onion powder and garlic powder along with sauted minced garlic and one chopped onion after you add milk then when you serve it mix in some sour cream! Amazing!!!
I made this soup over the weekend (3-10-12) We both said that it was the best potato soup we have ever eaten. What I did a little different was cooked up my onions, celery and diced up ham in about 3tbs of butter until tender as my potatoes were cooking.. plus I added garlic salt. It was a delicious meal. For crackers we used HOT AND SPICY CHEESE-IT... OUT OF THIS WORLD.... YUMMY!
I made this soup for my friend when she was sick <3 her dad is a chief and she said the soup was the best she has ever had and so did some other family members I loved it it was great!!!