1/2 Photos of Homemade Potato Soup
This yummy meal is great for cold days or just days when you want a comfort food! This recipe comes from my Mammaw....I love you Mammaw!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start by boiling potatoes until fork tender.
- 2When potatoes are done, strain out the water and add butter.
- 3When butter is melted, add flour. Stir gently to make a paste between butter and flour. The paste will coat the potatoes.
- 4Add Milk.
- 5Gently stir. Allow the pot to boil. When it reaches boil, turn down to simmer.
- 6Simmer on low till soup thickens.
- 7Salt and Pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.0
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 249.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.8 g