Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This yummy meal is great for cold days or just days when you want a comfort food! This recipe comes from my Mammaw....I love you Mammaw!
- Start by boiling potatoes until fork tender.
- When potatoes are done, strain out the water and add butter.
- When butter is melted, add flour. Stir gently to make a paste between butter and flour. The paste will coat the potatoes.
- Add Milk.
- Gently stir. Allow the pot to boil. When it reaches boil, turn down to simmer.
- Simmer on low till soup thickens.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Would margerine work
Anazing!! But i added some tony's, onion powder and garlic powder along with sauted minced garlic and one chopped onion after you add milk then when you serve it mix in some sour cream! Amazing!!!