Recipe by Danibelle
This yummy meal is great for cold days or just days when you want a comfort food! This recipe comes from my Mammaw....I love you Mammaw!
Top Review by dannyswomin
I made this soup over the weekend (3-10-12) We both said that it was the best potato soup we have ever eaten. What I did a little different was cooked up my onions, celery and diced up ham in about 3tbs of butter until tender as my potatoes were cooking.. plus I added garlic salt. It was a delicious meal. For crackers we used HOT AND SPICY CHEESE-IT... OUT OF THIS WORLD.... YUMMY!
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by boiling potatoes until fork tender.
- When potatoes are done, strain out the water and add butter.
- When butter is melted, add flour. Stir gently to make a paste between butter and flour. The paste will coat the potatoes.
- Add Milk.
- Gently stir. Allow the pot to boil. When it reaches boil, turn down to simmer.
- Simmer on low till soup thickens.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.