Cream of Potato Soup
I make this up in double batches, cool, then put into large freezer bags and freeze. Great to have on those cold winter days, or just anytime!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper
- Simmer broth, potatoes and onion until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in parsley flakes.
- In small bowl, blend flour with a few tbsp of the milk.
- Add to the potato mixture.
- Stir in remaining milk, cooking until soup thickens.
- Add the cheese, stirring until it melts.
- Season with paprika, pepper and salt to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My whole family loved this soup! I did replace one cup of the milk with half & half, added bacon bits, and substituted cheddar cheese (that's what I had on hand). I also took about half of the potatoes and slightly mashed them to make it thicker. But it was a very good recipe for a base plan for me, and I chose it after looking at a lot of different potato soup recipes. I never really follow a recipe completely anyway! Thanks for another recipe the whole family loves!