Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 12 teaspoons instant coffee (Really good)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coffee, coarsely ground
- 3 cups vodka (Good)
- 1 cup brandy (any)
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, water, instant coffee and fresh coffee together in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours with occasional stirring.
- Add the vodka, brandy, and vanilla extract.
- Filter and pour into dark bottles.
- I use a metal mesh to filter out the coffee grounds.
- Keep the bottles in a cool, dark place for 3 months. (YOU HEARD IT RIGHT!).
- Shake every day. (The bottles, I mean).
- MMMMM MMMMM Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06.
Easy and awesome!! I made it exactly as above - for Xmas gifts. I was very happy with the results! I tried some right away YUMMM but am also waiting on some for the 3 months. I used the mesh coffee filter that came with my coffee pot to catch the coffee grounds. I ladeled the kahlua from the cooking pot to the coffee filter which I held over a large measuring cup. Then I poured from the measuring cup into a funnel in my special bottles. Thanks for sharing your recipe - it is VERY GOOD and will be an annual gift now! It was so EASY!