If this is to be given as a gift, garnish with one whole vanilla bean inside the bottle. Yield indicated is for 10 cups.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 18mins
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1 cup water
- 1 (750 ml) bottle vodka
- 1⁄2 cup pure vanilla extract (not imitation, please!)
- Dissolve sugar in 4 cups water in a pan over medium heat; boil for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Dissolve coffee granules in 1 cup water in a pan over medium heat; boil for 8 minutes.
- Combine sugar mixture and coffee mixture; cool to room temperature.
- Stir vodka and vanilla into cooled coffee mixture.
- Store in sealed, decorative bottles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have three 1/5's Of alcohol to use and I'm not sure exactly how to adjust the recipe I've already started last night by boiling 12 cups of water with 10 cups of sugar and then I stopped there hoping I would get a response soon so that I could finish and have them ready to give as gifts by tomorrow evening at the earliest I also will be putting some vanilla bean in each bottle before giving them as gifts but I will also be using vanilla extract right now for that instant gratification LOLReplies 1
see 5 more