Recipe by FLKeysJen
From Cori Downing, who recommends using organic ingredients. Cook time is chill time. Number of servings is estimated.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried black figs (Turkish or Mission recommended)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dried tart cherries or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup almonds
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor and pulse just until the batter comes together.
- Empty the batter onto a sheet of parchment or wax paper sprinkled with oat bran.
- Press the mixture with your hands until it's even in height all the way around.
- Roll into a long log.
- Wrap tightly and let harden overnight in the refrigerator.
- Slice off pieces and put in a baggy for your bike ride, or wherever your adventures take you!