Based on a recipe that came with my Martha Stewart brand of dog biscuit cookie cutters in 3 sizes. Makes about 5 dozen depending on the size of your cookie cutter. Cook time doesn’t include the 1 ½ hours drying time in oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F . Whisk together flour, wheat germ, yeast, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- 2In large bowl add oil. In three alternating batches, incorporate stock and flour mixture, beginning and ending with stock. Mix well.
- 3Lightly flour a surface and roll out dough to about 3/8-inch thick. Shape biscuits using a bone-shaped cookie cutter appropriate for your dog’s size.
- 4You may optionally spell out your dog’s name in the dough with a wet toothpick.
- 5Place biscuits on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes. Brush with stock; rotate baking sheets and bake 10 minutes more. Turn off oven. Allow dog biscuits stand in oven to dry completely, about 1 ½ hours.
- 6Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Celebrity Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Dog Biscuits (Martha Stewart)
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 500.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: