Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions (optional)
- Toss cooked macaroni in 2 tablespoons oil in large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Pour into lightly greased crock-pot.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
I used only 1 cup of milk. I also substituted cheddar for yellow American cheese. This came out nice and cheesy. My 3-year old loved it and he is a picky eater.
i dont use oil, and i use margarine instead of butter, also i beat in two eggs with the milk and cream ,and i dont use onions. the margarine is one stick and it it best cooked for only 3 hours.
This was very easy and very tasty. I left out the onions since I didn't have any, but it came out fine. Mine burned a little on the sides as well, so I would reduce the cooking time on the next batch.