Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home Holiday Celebrations 2002
Make and share this Homemade Crescent Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- In small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, salt and yeast mixture.
- Mix in enough flour for dough to leave sides of bowl and is soft.
- Do not knead this.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down.
- Turn onto floured surface; divide in half.
- Roll each half into a 12-inch circle and cut into 12 wedges.
- Roll up from wide sides and place on greased baking sheets with pointed sides down.
- Curve to form crescents.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Time doesn't include overnight time.
I made a batch of these today, and they are easy and delicious. Thanks so much for posting this good recipe! I will be making these again.
I had planned to submit this recipe, it's just fantastic! A friend of my mother's gave it to her back in the 1960s, and it quickly became a favorite. Now my three sisters and I make them for our families, and IMO there is no better yeast roll recipe. :)
Pretty quick and easy; even if I don't think of them till after lunch, they're still ready for dinner.
My kiddos love them with an orange frosting. Mix thawed, frozen orange juice concentrate (DO NOT use drinkable OJ) with powdered sugar to desired consistency, anywhere a light glaze to a true icing. They do make for a nice breakfast/brunch add this way.
And do not take them to anyone's house, unless you want to have to do it every time you go! ;)