Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice simple chicken soup receipe from a book called 365 Ways To Cook Chicken by Cheryl Sedaker. I added a packet of powdered Cream of chicken soup to help thicken it up a bit.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup white rice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a simmer over low heat.
- Add rice and cream.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Serve hot sprinkled with parsley.