1/1 Photo of Homemade Corn Dogs
2 hrs 30 mins
Pamela Joyce Ochsner's Note:
A to-die-for switch from commercial corn dogs, made with pre-packaged bratwurst (any flavor, or all) fresh dough (home made is best), corn meal, and garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
One of the following four options
- 2 loaves frozen white bread dough (or 1 recipe of white bread dough or 1 recipe of wheat bread dough) or 2 loaves frozen whole wheat bread dough (or 1 recipe of white bread dough or 1 recipe of wheat bread dough)
- 4 lbs commercial bratwursts
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 large garlic cloves
- shortening, to grease pans with
- 1In food processor or coffee grinder, grind garlic cloves with corn meal in small batches until well powdered.
- 2Sprinkle liberally over counter where dough is to be rolled.
- 3Grease two cookie sheets.
- 4Separate dough into four equal parts. Roll each section of bread dough out in thin strips, widening out to fit just over the ends of one brat to measure width.
- 5Roll one brat at a time, cutting dough and pinching sides together over backs of each brat.
- 6Roll again in corn meal on counter, adding more cornmeal sprinkle as needed to coat brats.
- 7Arrange double the width of each corn dog on greased cookie sheets. Cover with warm damp towels; place in warm place and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- 8Bake at 375 for 30 minutes; brush with butter. Serve.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Corn Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3095.4
- Calories from Fat 2387
- Total Fat 265.3 g
- Saturated Fat 91.8 g
- Cholesterol 670.9 mg
- Sodium 7677.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 126.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen white bread dough