Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe makes 9 pounds of sausage. Feel free to change any ingredients to suit your own taste. When checking for spice, place a small amount in the microwave, cook through and then taste.
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 9 lbs ground pork butt
- Combine the sage, salt, black pepper, marjoram, brown sugar, crushed red pepper and cloves.
- Mix well.
- Place the pork in a large bowl and add the mixed spices to it.
- Mix well with your hands and form into 9 oblong rolls.
- Wrap well in plastic wrap and chill.
- (Freeze any that you aren't going to use within a week. Freezes up to three months) Slice off patties and cook as you normally would sausage.
No where near enough seasoning for 9 pounds of pork!
WOW ! One person DOUBLED the seasoning & one thinks that NINE TEASPOONS OF SALT IS GOOD FOR ONLY 2 POUNDS OF MEAT ? If you read the recipe you will see that there is about 1 teaspoon of salt per pound of meat. I know butcher shops that use half that much.
not even close.........your seasonine is for about 2lbs of meat not 9.......