Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is a good way for us to get our children to eat their vegetables. Full of flavor and moist, the chicken turned out great.
- 2 lbs chicken (use any that you like)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce (healthier soy sauce)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Brown chicken in olive oil in a skillet.
- Put chicken in 13 x 9 baking dish, no need to grease.
- Saute onions, green peppers and celery until tender.
- Combine ketchup, water, honey, tamari sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add to vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with corn and bake 25 minutes longer.
- Make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly and serve.