Recipe by josamky1063
An easy, eye-catching way to serve a holiday cheese ball. The best news? You can make it up to a month in advance!
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- red pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley or 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- 1 piece lemon peel, if desired
- assorted cracker, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together cream cheese and Cheddar cheese; divide in half. Stir pesto into 1 half; stir onion, mustard and 2 or 3 drops pepper sauce into other half. Cover each half; refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Place cheese mixtures on cookie sheet. Shape each half into cone shape to look like a pine tree.
- If desired, wrap each tree, label and freeze up to 1 month. Twelve hours before serving, remove trees from freezer. Thaw in wrapper in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, roll trees in parsley, pressing it evenly onto trees. Press pine nuts onto trees in string form for garland. Press bell pepper pieces onto trees for ornaments. Top each tree with star shape cut from lemon peel. Serve with crackers.