Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love this recipe because of its variety of healthy and delicious ingredients. I adapted it from a recipe I found in a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and like to make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas family dinners.
- 236.59 ml shredded carrot
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 118.29 ml chopped sweet onions or 1 medium sweet onion
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 2 (340.19 g) box seasoned stuffing mix (used StoveTop Cranberry or Savory Herbs)
- 709.77 ml chopped apples (used Red Delicious)
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 59.14 ml honey crunch wheat germ
- 396.89 g chicken broth
- In a large skillet cook carrots, celery, and onion in hot butter or margarine until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in nutmeg.
- In a very large bowl combine Stovetop Stuffing mix, apples, walnuts, and wheat germ; add carrot mixture. Drizzle with enough broth to moisten, tossing lightly to combine.
- Place stuffing in an 11 x 9 pan. Bake, covered, in a 325 F oven 40-45 minutes or until heated through.