Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I'm cleaning out a friend's cupboards and found this recipe in a 2003 Kraft What's Cooking magazine. These sound fun and festive for the holidays (still months away), so I thought I'd post it in the hopes that I'd remember to try them. A serving, according to the magazine, is two truffles and five crackers. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) packagedouble shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- shredded cheese (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Beat cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic powder & ground red pepper till well blended. Split in half.
- Add roasted red peppers to half and green onions to the other half. Stir each till well mixed. Cover.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours. (Flavors will blend).
- Shape cheese mixtures into 1" balls. Roll in shredded cheese, nuts, paprika, sesame seeds or fresh chopped parsley--or whatever other ingredients you think would be fun.
- Cover and refrigerate till ready to serve.