Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Cook's Illustrated Magazine. Serve with Thick-Cut Pork Tenderloin Medallions - or come up with your own uses! Equally good on grilled chicken or steak (especially filet mignon).
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (from 2 oranges)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions, white and green parts sliced 1/8 inch thick on bias
- table salt
- ground black pepper
- Put oil in clean skillet and heat over medium heat until shimmering. Add ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add hoisin sauce, orange juice, broth, and any juices from resting meat and bring to simmer, scraping bottom of skillet with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Simmer until liquid is reduced to 1 cup, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in sesame oil and scallions. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, pour sauce over pork, and serve immediately.