Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A flavorful way to fix one of our favorite veggies!
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, stem ends removed
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Stir hoisin sauce, orange juice, soy sauce and olive oil together in a large bowl. Add green beans, toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper. (Hoisin sauce is very salty, so be careful not to over-salt the green beans.).
- Spread beans in an even layer on a baking sheet with sides and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are soft and slightly shriveled.
- Sprinkle beans with chives and toss gently. Transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with pan juices, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Mmmmm... these were delicious and couldn't have been easier!! I think I cooked mine for 30 minutes, which was to our preference. Next time I'll add some crushed red pepper to give it some heat. Thanks for posting... will definitely make again!!
These green beans have great flavor, and were easy to make as well. I think I may add a bit more orange juice, and a little less hoisin sauce next time though. Just personal preference, I felt they needed a bit more sweetness, and I can be a spicy wimp at times lol.