Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Canadian Living magazine.
- 4 (1/2 lb) chicken legs (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- Remove skin and any fat from chicken. In small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, ketchup, garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce and five-spice powder.
- Place chicken on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; spread half of the sauce over chicken.
- Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 30 minutes. Spread with remaining sauce; bake until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 20 minutes.
excellent! we used boneless skinless chicken thighs and it was delicious- we cooked a total of 40 minutes.
Tagged in Best of 2008 Tag. Instead of legs, I used chicken tenders, so I baked them a total of 35 minutes. We don't like five-spice, so I shook in a little ginger, cinnamon and tiny bit of clove. Otherwise, followed the sauce exactly. DH liked them and so did my 9 yo.