1/1 Photo of Ho Dduk (Korean Pancakes)
1 hr 30 mins
These were described to me as inside out pancakes. I just call them delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix yeast, 2 Tbsp sugar and WARM water together in a bowl.
- 2Mix potato flakes with cold water in a separate bowl.
- 3In your mixer combine the powdered milk, 1/4 sugar, salt and 4 C flour.
- 4Add softened butter, eggs, yeast and potato mixtures to mixer bowl.
- 5Mix until well blended.
- 6Add remaining flour in small amounts until it"cleans" the sides of the mixing bowl.
- 7Remove from bowl and knead on a floured board for about 10 minutes.
- 8Grease a clean bowl and set the dough inside to rise for about 45 minutes.
- 9Divide into 36 balls and cover with a damp cloth.
- 10Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- 11Add more cinnamon if you prefer.
- 12Add enough oil to the bottom of a skillet to just barely cover the bottom.
- 13Heat over a medium flame.
- 14Take a ball of dough and flatten in the palm of your hand.
- 15Put a spoonful of the cinnamon mixture on the dough and wrap the dough around it.
- 16Put into the hot oil and let cook about a half of a minute then flatten with a spatula.
- 17Let cook another 30 seconds, flip and flatten some more.
- 18Allow it to finish browning.
- 19Remove from skillet and let cool on a paper towel.
- 20Repeat the process adding more oil as needed to the skillet to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ho Dduk (Korean Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 168.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g