1/1 Photo of Hipquest's Baked Vidalia Onion
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Imagine the flavor of French Onion soup as an accompaniment for baked potatoes and a good steak. My favorite is to top hipQuest's Baked Potatoes Recipe #rz.119512 with a bit of butter, cheese and these onions with a nice, juicy Filet Mignon. This is so very good with so many things.Sweet onions may be substituted when Vidalias are not available. For a lighter flavor chicken or vegetable bouillon may be substituted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- 2Peel and cut off just the roots of the onion, do not cut off the whole bottom "core".
- 3Cut the top of the onion into a pointed core, save the cut out portion.
- 4Set the onion into the center of a piece of foil large enough to make a fairly loose packet (shaped kind of like a Hershey's Kiss) and bring up the sides.
- 5Place the bouillon cube in the opening, add the butter and pour on the Worcestershire sauce, chop the saved core and add to the top.
- 6Bring foil together and seal well.
- 7Bake for 1 1/2 hours, open packet and place into a bowl, slice up and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hipquest's Baked Vidalia Onion
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g