Chef #743247's Note:
These are fudgy, if unusual brownies. Not super sweet, but sweet enough. Feel free to substitute any kind of nuts for the almonds -- the original recipe called for walnuts. Loosely based on a recipe from "What Every Pregnant Woman Should Know" by Gail Sforza Brewer, modified for a somewhat diabetic diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F Oil 9X13 baking pan.
- 2Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 3Remove from heat and add apple sauce. Stir and add vanilla.
- 4In a separate cup combine powdered and evaporated milk, and stir until lumps disappear. Add to apple sauce mixture.
- 5Stir in cocoa, mixing thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients and pour into a baking pan.
- 6Bake fro 25 minutes or until a knife inserted 1/3 way across comes out clean.
- 7Cool and cut into pieces.
- 8Serve with cream cheese, ice cream or with milk.
- 9If you prefer a more cake-like brownie, add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder along with the salt.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for High-Protein Low-Carb Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.2
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 191.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g