Recipe by Missy Wombat
Hot or cold, this hibiscus brew might just be your cup of tea! From the January 2007 volume of Notebook magazine.
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stamen from each flower. Use pesticide-free flowers.
- Place one hibiscus flower in a glass or mug and cover with boiling water. Allow this to steep. The water will turn a black-purple colour but that's okay. Stir and then remove.
- Add sugar to tste and then give it a good stir so that the sugar dissolves.
- Now squeeze the juice from some lemon or lime. The tea should turn a pretty pinky-red!
- Either drink it hot or set aside to cool and later serve with ice.