Jus De Bissap (Hibiscus Tea)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1 sprig mint
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- Briefly rinse the dried flowers in cool water.
- In a saucepan heat two quarts of cold water. As soon as the water begins to boil, add the dried hibiscus leaves. Immediately remove from heat and let the flowers steep for ten minutes. Pour the water from the pot into a pitcher using a strainer to separate the flowers from the water.
- Stir in the sugar. Add mint and orange water.
- Add ice and chill completely. May be served over ice.
Join The Conversation
Very refreshing! I already knew that I liked the taste of jamaica, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well the mint and orange blossom water went with this. I slightly crushed the mint leaves and steeped them along with the flowers rather than adding it after straining (didn't want leafy floaties in my drink), and I used Splenda in place of the sugar. I probably could've gotten away with adding a bit more sweetener, but I liked the tartness of it. I'll definitely be making this again, thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7